- We will begin weekly evening marching band rehearsals beginning the week of August 3rd
- Tuesday, 8/4 and Thursday, 8/6: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
- Thursday, 8/13: 6:30pm – 9:00pm
- NO REHEARSAL on Tuesday, August 11th. We are having a Parent and Booster meeting instead. See the Booster Club section below for more information.
- Rehearsals BEGIN at 6:30pm. Be here with enough time to be fully set up and in attendance block with 5 minutes to spare.
- If school DOES start on Monday, August 24th, we will have an additional week of band camp the prior week.
- If school DOES NOT start the week of the 24th, we will continue our twice-weekly rehearsal schedule.
Band Camp – Part 2
- This part of band camp is TO BE ANNOUNCED.
- As of now, it will take place the week of August 17th. Times will be released as soon as we know what MCPS will allow.
IMPORTANT SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS
- If you are ill, have a fever, or ANY symptoms of COVID-19 – DO NOT COME ON CAMPUS. Contact Mr. Janosa immediately.
- If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 while on campus, you will be sent home immediately
- If you do not bring your own filled container of water, you will not be allowed to participate.
- If you have an asthma inhaler, or a significant allergy requiring an autoinjector pen, you must have them on campus and within quick access at all times
- Parents: please be prepared for phone calls and texts from your students in case of emergencies. We need to avoid being indoors. Bad weather or exposure to illness could require everyone to go home with short notice.
Items you are required to bring to rehearsals:
- Water and a refillable container!! One small water bottle is not enough. Bring several!!!!
- ½” to 1” binder, any color. Sheet protectors will be provided.
- All marching band music (if you have not received these items, they will be provided)
- Your instrument/sticks, flip folder, lyre
- Sneakers/tennis shoes & socks (no flip-flops, sandals or open-toed shoes)
- NO JEANS AND NO HOODIES
Highly suggested items:
- Hat (wide-brimmed is preferred)
- Healthy snacks (granola bar, apple)
- CamelBak or other backpack style water bag
- Insect repellent
- Fanny pack to keep items in on the field
Items we supply:
- Water refills
- Marching drill
- Music and instruments as necessary
KINGDOM OF THE SUN 2020
Unfortunately, we have had to cancel our annual festival for the Fall 2020 season. It would not be possible or morally responsible to host a show in light of COVID risks and safety measures. We wish everyone a successful fall of learning and new experiences – please check back here in the spring for Fall 2021 festival registration!
BAND HISTORY OF DIRECTORS
School code is ColtsBand. Your first time password is your student’s six-digit school ID number. Access for your own free account using the below link.
NMHS BAND BOOSTERS
President: Stacey Bush
Vice President: Danny Mullener
Secretary: Rebecca Moss
Treasurer: Jennifer Hubbard
Next Meeting is August 11th at 6:30pm.
Where: Anthony First Baptist Church
2551 NE 98th Street
Anthony, FL 32617
OR attend via Zoom link posted here and on Facebook.
What: New-year parent meeting, all families are
invited and highly encouraged to attend. We
will discuss current plans for the year, and hold
our first Booster Meeting. We have open Officer
positions – your time and vote helps shape the
future of your student’s Band Program!
Fill in the form below and I will reply back ASAP
151 W Hwy 329
Citra, FL 32113